Went with some friends hiking last Sunday to Hocking Hills State Park. Really had to talk with God because last time I went I was complaining and hurting. So this time was going to be different.
Before we left I talked with God and said here I go again. He told to be patient and listen to his voice and he will be right there.
So as we got there and I put on my earbuds on and started walking. Listening to the music my good friend download for me a while back I was walking and it's like peace fell over me. Yes there was some tough terrain but I completed the first 3 without any complaints.
Then we split off and the 2 people who were walking the 2nd 3 miles were ahead of me which was fine. I kept watching the ones short to know I wasn't that far behind them. There was this hill and I was out of breath and had no water to drink. Because I drank it on the first 3 and no reserve. So I said I can do this for me and not for anyone else.
The Lord showed me that He was right there cheering me on and really letting me lean on him when I felt like giving up and giving in but I kept at it and finished in a good time.
I am excited to see what the Lord is doing with my weight loss and exercise. I am feeling better than ever and I am proud that I completed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment